Potterton Prima 40F ~ Fan housing output pipe to inner Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The inner flue on my Potterton Prima 40F has corroded, resulting in frequent sparking to relight.

I have a replacement flue kit (the full kit rather the ‘fix’ kit). My question is how should the inner flue be sealed against the fan housing output pipe. The Potterton Manual indicate a push fit; although this one seems a little loose to rely just on a push fit ~ also when removing the old inner flue pipe there appeared to be some form of sealing compound ~ what do you recommend to make this seal?

Cheers.

Ps. It's a rear exit flue.

Sponsored Links
This is a "gas" question. Flue products kill people, so we can't answer. You need to call a registered gas engineer.

It was the gas engineer (registered) that told me the flue had corrorded ~ he gave me the part number and told me the fix was easy (most of the work being manual i.e. the removal of the old morter etc. around the old flue).

The system will be checked again by the same gas engineer before it is restarted. Just want to ensure I use the correct sealing compound so the gas man doesn't have to tear it down.

Sponsored Links
You should have used the Renovation Kit BUT YOUR RGI should install this it is a Gas safety related part :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back