potterton prima f50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i would really appreciate your expertize on this issue. I have an open vent system with 2*2port valve and a Potterton Prima F50. The ch mv needed changing as the micro switch was sticking. I changed it, refill the system, bled the rads and called for hw. The boiler fired ok, then i called for ch, the new mv moved over to open position, the pump started running, i went downstairs to see whether the boiler fired up but unfortunately nothing happened, not even the fan started whirling. I went back upstairs, bled the air vent situated in the highest point of the system by the hwsc, quite a lot of air was pushed out but still no luck. At that point , i called for hw and this time not even with hw call the boiler fired. I must say that in winter i experienced something peculiar with the fan thus once the hw or ch were satisfied the fan kept whirling for at least 30 min until i switch the boiler switch off and then put the switch back on. That didn't happened all the time but intermittently. Is it too much of a coincidence or i might have now a prob with the fan or pcb? Can someone head me in the right direction as to how to troubleshoot such a problem please. Your help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks m8 it was indeed the overheat reset button that had tripped....ooophhhh that has saved me a few quid for the call out:)...As far as the fan is concerned, as i mentioned beforehand, sometimes it keeps running even though the hw and ch are satisfied until i switch the boiler switch off manually, what could it be?? Fan problem or pcb and could i check them? Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
the microswitch, that was sticking, in the MV could well have caused the fan to run on. see what happens now you've got a new valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back