Potterton Profile Kettling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My elderly Potterton Profile is kettling and short cycling. It runs for about a minute and a half, hisses like a kettle and then shuts down for about a minute until the hissing has subsided and then starts up again.

I've used Sentinel X800 and X200 in the past which improved it, but didn't cure it and now it's slowly getting worse again.

I have a pack of Fernox DS40 which I have been a bit wary to use as it's an old system, and I was advised by Fernox to close off the radiators and only leave it in for a couple of hours. Which seems like good advice.

I'm going to try this stuff, and was just wondering should I run the boiler while it's in the system or just pump it round cold for a couple of hours? If you guys have any further tips before I take the plunge, that would be great as it feels like a kill or cure outcome lol!

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Does the pump work?

Are you in a hard water area?

When you drain it after cleaning, what comes out?

How deep is the mud in the F&E?

Have you fitted a Magn clean or similar?

Yes the pump works.
Yes hard water area.
Last time I drained it the water was fairly murky as far as I can remember, but the F&E tank looks quite clean at the moment.
No Magclean or similar.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yes the pump works.
Yes hard water area.
As far as I remember it was a bit murky last time I drained down.
F&E clean.
No Magna clean or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back