Potterton Promax 33HE Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having an extension built and in with the price a new combi boiler is being fitted. The plumber is recommending The Potterton Promax 33 HE Plus but originally the builder spoke of Worcester Bosch (don't know which model). The boiler will have to deal with 5 rads and underfloor heating in new room 21ft by 13ft. We live in a bungalow and boiler will be installed in the loft, only two of us so not heavy use on hot water.

I have seen customer reviews on Pottertons and they are not looking all that great so my questions are 1) Are all makes of Pottertons a problem PCB's seem to be the main issue with them. 2) Is that a suitable boiler for our requirements. 3) Should I hold out for the Worcester one and if so which one would be suitable.

I hope someone can help as I have to decide within the next couple of days. Thanks .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, looks like I am leaning towards Worcester then.

Any other opinions out there? Also which model should I be looking at ?

The greenstar 30cdi will give a reasonable hot water performance, but with a combi, the bigger the better. Just make sure the plumber cleans your system and sizes the gaspipe right, in fact, make sure he is corgi registered, it's amazing how many builder's plumber's aren't.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Builder assured me plumber is Corgi registered but I shall be checking. He is going to flush system and we do have to have the pipe changed.

I have to admit the last one wasn't fitted by a Corgi man but I have been lucky and it has performed well for 10 years with only a couple of little things done. The existing one is a Halstead conventional type boiler and is still working but other half wants a new combi as we are having underfloor heating in new room and also our boiler is a bit noisy.

Do you have any opinion on Pottertons, specifically the one mentioned?

Out of the two, I would prefer the worcester, but the most important things are cleaning, gas pipe sizing, and water supply coming in. If they're right you shouldn't have too many problems.

Main Eco 30 .Great performance. :D Robust gritty and does the job,it probably retails at a reasonable price aswell, given it has the "Eco" tag :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back