New boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have an istar combi boiler (istar 24 HE) which is on it's last legs and have been looking at new boilers.

Have so far have narrowed it down to either:
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30si (£905)
Baxi Duotec 33 (£923)
Baxi Platinum 33HE (£1102)
Potterton Gold 33HE (£983) or the 28 HE (£870)

I currently have 6 radiatiors and 2 towel heaters but will be possible add another 3 rads at the same time.

Does anyone have any experience on these I'm tempted to pay for the Platinum or gold models as they have the longest warranties. Would the 28kw be too low power?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you mean powerful enough for hot water than 28kw should be okay if you are happy with your Isar which has 24kw hot water output.

TBH I wouldn't really recommend the boilers you have chosen, for the price of the Baxi Platinum you could get a much better Vaillant ecoTEC+ 8**.

But then again the boilers you have chosen aren't so bad.

You could get a cheap Biasi installed properly on to a clean system and a Vaillant not installed properly on a dirty system and the Biasi will be likely to outlast the Vaillant.

Proper installation is very important.

Proper installation is very important.
David937
I think I may have a problem with my installation. I have had to pressurise my system today.
Woke up and it was at Zero!
I have posted here last couple of weeks or so.
I have had to bleed the radiators 3 times now since installation of Combi Vokera HE on 15th December.
The pressure has dropped each time I have bled rads but the pressure seems to have dropped of its own accord this time.
If fitters didn't flush the old system b4 fitting new boiler what problems should I expect.
Ta
G.

Sponsored Links
I would agree with David 937. Have a look at the Ecotec Plus 831 for starters. This is the main stay of what I fit.

I've had very little problems with them.

I've also recently been taking out Isars and putting in the Broag Advanta plus 28 or 35 c.

Not of the Vaillant quality, but a good medium quality boiler. Just gone up in price though :rolleyes: :mad:

Nickp
Don't get yourself all bitter and twisted!
You could get a cheap Biasi installed properly on to a clean system and a Vaillant not installed properly on a dirty system and the Biasi will be likely to outlast the Vaillant.
This is what I am trying to find out about.
The consequences of fitting a new boiler onto a dirty system!
Seems like a reasonable query to me.

Cheers for the responses guys.

I know someone who has just had the vaillant ecotec 831 fitted. I did look at this but discounted as the guy who looked at our ideal boiler said he hadn't fitted many Vaillant boilers.

Also looked through the technical manual of the Baxi duotec and the pipe set up is the same as the current boiler. Were as the Vaillant needs lots of moving around. Was hoping this would make installation cheaper as there would be minimal movement.

I understand the responses on installation. Should the system be powerflushed prior to installation then?

Baxi Duo-Tec 33HE is on offer at Plumbfix, £566.22 +VAT
Need to be Corgi Reg to buy though so you'll have to get your fitter to get it.

the quality of the system will be determined for 80% by the quality of the installer; for get about the few quid difference of the actual boiler

Nickp

The consequences of fitting a new boiler onto a dirty system!

Seems like a reasonable query to me.

How can it ever be reasonable to do anything wrongly?

A dirty system will spoil any boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back