Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any heating engineers help me?

I have just purchased a brand new build with a Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus. This has a wireless Honeywell CM707 in the living room. I have 3 TRV's located upstairs (I know small amount, that's Barrratts for you) I have in total 10 radiators.

The question is, The honeywell wireless room stat only seems to have 4 settings. These settings can be set at 4 times during the day, early morning mid day evening and night. You have to set each one with a different temp, or the same temp depending on your preference. There does not seem to be an OFF setting. So basically, you set it at lets say 06:30 at 18.5C then at 12:00pm at 18.5C then at 16:00 at 18.5C and 21:00 at 18.C .Does this mean it stays at 18.5C all day and never turns off ...only when it reaches 18.5C it turns off but falling below that turns on again? I want to know how you use it to set it like good old fashioned timers, on at 06:00 off at 08:00 on at 18:00 off at 21:00, I don't want it coming on during the day whilst I'm not here, but also want the facility of having it on when i come home, so that's stops the idea, of turning it off at the boiler......

Thanks in advance
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
set the temp down to something like 4 degrees when you wnt the heating switched off then on to bout 21-22 degrees when you want it on simple!

eg: dont want the heating on from 6am - 8am
do want the heating on 8am - 10m
dont want the heating on 10m - 12pm

set 6am 4 degrees
8am 21 degrees
12pm 4 degrees

So HTF did Barratts get away with only 3 trv's on a "new build" with 10 rads, dont they have a building inspector, what Part of Part L building regs don't they understand...........

So HTF did Barratts get away with only 3 trv's on a "new build" with 10 rads, dont they have a building inspector, what Part of Part L building regs don't they understand...........

Are you telling me I should have been given more than 3 TRV's? I'm on the understanding 3 is the minimum requirement to pass the NHBC. This is what Barratts have installed to pass. Can anyone else answer this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
set the temp down to something like 4 degrees when you wnt the heating switched off then on to bout 21-22 degrees when you want it on simple!

eg: dont want the heating on from 6am - 8am
do want the heating on 8am - 10m
dont want the heating on 10m - 12pm

set 6am 4 degrees
8am 21 degrees
12pm 4 degrees

Yeah that's all well and good, but it's not what I want...Can I buy a prgrammable timer that fits into the Combi boiler? And will this work along side the Wireless room stat? If so how hard is it to fit one?

Thanks,

That seemed to me to be a very reasonable suggestion to you.

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Anything is easy for a heating engineer. For anyone else it all depends on their skills. Most women cannot even change a wheel on their car!

Tony

Anything is easy for a heating engineer. For anyone else it all depends on their skills. Most women cannot even change a wheel on their car!

Tony

It's easy to understand what he wants to achieve. He wants an automated system that will switch the heating on or off at specific times, not dependant on the temperature...

Not that hard to understand the guy..

Yeah buddy, I've been trying to find the same for mine. Not come across anything yet...

Tony

It's easy to understand what he wants to achieve. He wants an automated system that will switch the heating on or off at specific times, not dependant on the temperature...

Not that hard to understand the guy..

Yeah buddy, I've been trying to find the same for mine. Not come across anything yet...

Hello, and welcome to this five year old post, which had a big red sign at the bottom of it telling you that it was five years old and probably didn't need adding to

If you have a question, please post a new topic. If you have come here to dig up and criticise responses to historic threads, please go away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back