New Worcester Boiler using Salus ST620WBC controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

just looking for some advice/guidance to get my head around the settings for out heating for the winter months.

I have read the manual several times and can't seem to get my head around the settings, as i have been used to an on/off controller.

The manual shows 6 programmable times as default which are shown below.

1 - on temp 6:00am 21c
2 - on temp 8:00am 14c
3 - on temp 11:00am 21c
4 - on temp 1:00pm 14c
5 - on temp 4:00pm 21c
6 - on temp 9:00pom 14c

So looking at the above, i don't really want the heating coming on during the day when the house is empty, so programme 2, 3 and 4 are pointless.

Can i just set three programmes, like below

1 - on temp 6:00am 21c
2 - on temp 4:00pm 21c
3 - on temp 9:00pm 21c

but i would like the heating to be on for a period of time so

1 - 6:00 - 8:00
2 - 4:00 - 6:00
3 - 9:00 - 10:00

I hope what i am saying is making sense, is this possible?

Thank you for any advice offered?

Sponsored Links
Programme it like this.

1 - on 6:00am 21c
2 - on 8:00am 10c
3 - on 4:00pm 21c
4 - on 6:00pm 10c
5 - on 9:00pm 21c
6 - on 10:00pm 10c

Not sure if you can skip some of the 6 stages. When the programmer is on for the 10c stages, the ch is effectively off, unless the house temp drops very low. You will want the heating to kick in then to prevent frozen pipes, etc. A well insulated house shouldn't drop much below the 10c, except in very cold conditions.

Thank you for your reply.

I will have a look at those settings this evening.

Jut get this clear in my mind, for example programmes 1 & 2.

1 - on 6:00am 21c
2 - on 8:00am 10c

So for PG1 at 6:00 the thermostat will read the temperature is under 2c so it will kick in until it reaches the 21c. and it will stay at this temp until 8:00, when PG2 starts. And this works in the way that the cos the temp is already above the 10c, then the boiler is not longer required so it turns off.

So basically to turn the boiler off, i set it at a low temp?

Thanks again for any advice

Sponsored Links
You've got it. During the periods that the stat is set to 21c, the stat will control the boiler to maintain that temp. During the periods the stat is set to 10c, the boiler will maintain this temp instead.

In effect, at the end of the 21c periods, the heating will be off and only come on in the very unlikely event that the house temp drops below 10c. During this period, it will just maintain the house temp at a max of 10c. You will definitely want the heating on if the house drops below 10c.

Yes, set to low temp = boiler off, except in exceptionally low temps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back