Salus RT500RF resetting itself

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed over the last few months that every now and again, my Salus thermostat seems to reset itself. I woke up today to a room with my radiators on when I hadn't programmed it to come on at that time, and noticed the Salus was back to default (6am 21c/8am 14c/ 4pm 21c/6pm 21c/10pm 14c) and showing the day as monday after 6pm.

The batteries seem fine, not showing any low indicator status. My settings used to be affected like this after I did temporary overrides. So now I don't do that, I just set radiators to come on by actually programming an hour or two whenever I want to heat the place up. Maybe that's also making it reset itself. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately these are cheap and cheerful stats and every now and again you will get a faulty one.

If you have set the dip switches and set it up properly there isn't much else you can do.

Take it back if under warranty or fit a new stat

Unfortunately these are cheap and cheerful stats and every now and again you will get a faulty one.

If you have set the dip switches and set it up properly there isn't much else you can do.

Take it back if under warranty or fit a new stat

Thanks terry. No idea if I have the receipt for it and it was fitted around november 2012. If I call Salus, maybe they'll just replace it? (unlikely I know).

Here's the jumper settings. Does it look like I might need to change any of them?

http://s28.postimg.org/m7xrae3e5/Salus.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back