Setting the date on the salus rt500rf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Salus rt500rf thermostat and have just figured out how to set all the timers on it, so I have it setup like this

M/T/W/T/F
1 - Heating on at 6am - 21C
2 - Heating off at 7am - 10C
3 - Heating on at 6pm - 21C
4 - Heating off at 10pm - 10C
5 - Heating off at 10pm - 10C (I understand this is a night/frost setting)

How do I get onto the settings for Saturday and Sunday?

However I am finding my heating is coming on at 3am when it should be off. How can that be?
What would happen if the temp dropped to below 10C, would the heating kick in, I can't seem to set it to below 10C on the timer?
I have the time setup correctly. However I don't have the date setup correctly as today (which is Wednesday) is displaying as Friday on the salus rt500rf.

I have been very confused with the instructions for this thermostat as the ones they supply baffle me.

Can anyone help me understand how to setup the date on this thing, and why my heating may be coming on at 3am?

Thanks a lot
I am a new joiner but have been reading the forums for a few weeks now.

Jayne

Sponsored Links
The salus RT500RF is, in my oppinion, a very good programmable thermostat. Now the have solved the interference issues.

Very easy to set the correct day. Providing your time is set correctly just do this:-

Press SET and SELECT, the hour will beguin to flash.

Press SELECT, Now the minutes will flash.

Press SELECT, Now the day will flash. use the up or down arrow button to scroll too today (W, wednesday).

Now press SET.

Thats it the day is changed :D

As for the heating coming on in the early hours this is due to the temp falling below 10'c (obvious I know)

These are my settings for the same programmer.

6AM = 21'
8AM = 15'
4PM = 21'
6PM = 21'

10 PM Till 6 AM is set to 14' this is my heat temps being monitored 24 hours, Very rarely does the boiler need to fire during the night unless very low outside temps are experienced.
ie now at turned 2 o'clock the room temp is 17'c.

With the heating monitored at these temps a more stable room temp is achieved, (granted insulation is a key issue here) thus the boiler is not working as long at full load trying to bring the temp up after long periods at a low set temp, believe it or not it is cheaper to run your heating like this.
Ther are several other factors to take into acount, as im sure they will be mentioned in other posts to this thread.

Just watch this space, Cue varying oppinions :LOL: :LOL:

Hello,

I have a Salus rt500rf thermostat and have just figured out how to set all the timers on it, so I have it setup like this

M/T/W/T/F
1 - Heating on at 6am - 21C
2 - Heating off at 7am - 10C
3 - Heating on at 6pm - 21C
4 - Heating off at 10pm - 10C
5 - Heating off at 10pm - 10C (I understand this is a night/frost setting)

How do I get onto the settings for Saturday and Sunday?

Jayne

Dear DemonicKat, did you get the issue fully resolved? (If not, the Salus technical helpline will certainly deal with it)

Sponsored Links
I have the salus RT500RF it has been working fine until i changed the clock. it was previously set at 13c and i alter the temperature when needed. can anyone tell me how to delete all programs on timer please.
thanks jean

Jean hopefully you have resolved your problem by now. -you can't delete the programmes but you can alter each one to the settings you require by going into 'set programme'. In any case, altering the time should not change your set programme so maybe you did something else.

If you need assistance you can always ring the Salus helpline on 01226 323961

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back