Potterton promax combi - Sticking on DHW mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the mother in law has a Potterton promax combi he plus which is stuck in DHW mode causing the central heating not to come on.

When visiting today, I noticed the 'tap' led was permanently lit despite no DHW demand and the heating thermostat requesting heating. The boiler does try to heat the water but as there's no DHW flow it rushes up to 90C and then shuts off.

I could however get the boiler to switch over to central heating by running a hot tap very slowly. Maybe that released some pressure from the DHW system and finally caused the heating to fire.

So it seems like it could be a diverter valve possibly or some pressure switch issue... Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks!! Ed

Sponsored Links
Float switch stuck in the open position. If she needs heat, you could remove the Hall effect sensor and leave her without hot water from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies guys! Yeah that seems to be it! I tried cycling it after tapping it with a metal rod and it is now cycling freely!

Will order a new one but that should keep her warm in the meantime! Thanks again!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back