Potterton Promax FSB 30 HE - Yes or No?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm upgrading my old FSB, and fancy the Potterton Promax FSB 30 HE.

http://www.potterton.co.uk/99.htm

Does anyone have any advice or information on this particular boiler?

I know opinions vary on boilers, but it would be nice to get specific comments or personal experience..

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

I know opinions vary on boilers, but it would be nice to get specific comments or personal experience..

Thanks in advance

I have not personally fitted this boiler but i love Potterton and Baxi products and they are all i fit unless specifically asked otherwise.

You asked for YES or NO..On this particular boiler it is a big NO.

Unless the water in your system is immaculate. As i dont want to change the heat ex on these.

Hope it hopes..

Powerflush B4 fitting, and fit a Magnaclean then U should be OK oh yeah if the water is hard fit a Water Softener too! ;)

Sponsored Links
Powerflush B4 fitting, and fit a Magnaclean then U should be OK oh yeah if the water is hard fit a Water Softener too! ;)

Thanks for replies - as I thought, siome would like the boiler and some dont...I #d be interested on why some dont like this boiler?

And lastly, why Magnaclean on this particular boiler? Or is that fit it with any new boiler?

Magnaclean is goo practice especially where new HE Boilers are fitted to Existing Systems ;)

Magnaclean is goo practice especially where new HE Boilers are fitted to Existing Systems ;)

now I'm probably going to open a can of worms, but I was going to take off all the radiators and flush them with a hose ! And currently in preparation for that I've stuck in as sludge remover which I intend leaving in for 4 weeks before doing the flushing.

So I guess I'm questioning the need to powerflush if I de-sludge the system, flush the radiators & fit a Magnaclean with inhibitor ?

The flush you plan will remove a lot of debris, however I guarantee that after doing this and fitting your potterton, AND a Magnclean, after running the heating for the first hour, and then opening up the magnaclean, you will be amazed at the amount of C**p that is trapped by the magnet, I did this myself on my own boiler installation, I had Powerflushed the system prior to the work, and still the magnaclean managed to find a suprising amount of muck!, however now everything has settled down, the magnaclean only needs opening up once a year by the service Engineer who looks after the boiler ;)

The flush you plan will remove a lot of debris, however I guarantee that after doing this and fitting your potterton, AND a Magnclean, after running the heating for the first hour, and then opening up the magnaclean, you will be amazed at the amount of C**p that is trapped by the magnet, I did this myself on my own boiler installation, I had Powerflushed the system prior to the work, and still the magnaclean managed to find a suprising amount of muck!, however now everything has settled down, the magnaclean only needs opening up once a year by the service Engineer who looks after the boiler ;)

Many thanks - I'm definitely going to fit a Magnaclean !

Thanks in advance
I'm an installer. I put one in 5 years ago. It has developed a tricky and alarming problem (explosions, not on ignition). Technical dept seem unable to understand descrription of problem. Manufacturer's out-of-warranty repairs refuse to attend in this area (mid Wales) - "It's a blackspot".
I am appalled. I wqill never install another potterton or Baxi. I now realise why, in the trade, Potterton-Baxi are called Poxy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back