Potterton Promax HE Boiler- switches self off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have the above boiler in a 2.5 year old barratt house. It doesnt seem to react to me turning up the thermostat in the lounge (Siemens) and will only come on if i reset it manually to 'fire it up'. Not sure what the problem is but it is gradually getting worse (I think)

Plumber is coming on thurs afternoon but it would be good to get some opinions in the mean time,

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you getting any fault lights showing?

Check the condense trap is clean and not overfilling, they need removing and flushing out annually.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for all your advice chaps-

1. what are door seals?
2. No i havent had it serviced annually
3. There arent any lights on the thermostat or boiler to show warnings etc (Thermostat is siemens analogue 5-30deg one.

Would an annual service pick up this sort of problem?

Thanks for your time

jcroft1982 said:
1. what are door seals?

They ensure the appliance's products of combustion stay in the appliance and equally ensure a balance of air and pressure can be obtained for accurate combustion.

jcroft1982 said:
Would an annual service pick up this sort of problem?

That all depends on the fault developing; every gas burning appliance should be serviced at least every 12 months; and if you get it serviced by a quality engineer; you should also cut down on hefty repair bills when they do crop up.

every gas burning appliance should be serviced at least every 12 months; and if you get it serviced by a quality engineer; you should also cut down on hefty repair bills when they do crop up.
Forgive pursed lips! BG and others are inclined to just sniff the flue, because so many boilers are such cr*p that when you undo one thing, another will drop out, broken...

The flow switch on your boiler can stick, and I think you get no warning light. Boiler just sits there doing nothing cos it thinks the pump isn't running.
Leaky combustion door seals lead to fan 'stat overheating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back