Potterton Promax HE problem keeping it running.

Just while i think of it can anyone direct me to a manual for this boiler, Potterton promax HE approx 7 years old ish
Neighbor hasnt been left one and also i want to check a few things out for myself....
Been on the potterton site and all i can find is the promax plus boiler.....need to find their archives somewhere..

thanks a lot people...most helpfull

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update
Did the wireless stat synch as described and that cancelled out the constant red light....many thanks guys..

Also the new pump i fitted was set to run on 3 and i noticed the old pump was set on 1 (micro bore system) so changed that.
Gas pressures to boiler was fine and cleaned the crap of the burner (boy is that thing fragile)
Now even though the flame looked orange there was absolutely no sign on the heat exchanger that it was burning incorrectly, infact apart from a lot of white specs of crud it was pretty clean inside, no visible spillage anywhere either

After the service the flame was a lot better but still looked orangeish if you viewed it at a certain angle.....
Is this inherant to the potterton? (its a 15 and not a 24 as i first thought)

Sorry if that sounds noobish but i have been concentrating on power flushes more than boiler fitting and servicing....and i havent much experience with this particular boiler (think its only the 2nd one ive come across)

Thanks again folks and thanks have gone to those who helped....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back