Potterton Promax HE - keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I need some advice on a problem with my boiler before calling out an engineer.

I have a Potterton Promax HE boiler installed new in 2002 for gas CH and HW.
it will run for a while heating hot water and the CH and then will cut out.
I looked for the pilot light but it's gone out.
when I press the Reset button the boiler starts again although sometimes I need to Reset a few times. The boiler will run again for a while, say 30 mins and then cut out again.
when it restarts there is sometimes a 'whoosh' noise - build up of gas before igniting?
The problem has been like this for a two weeks (the system was off for all August and September while the house was empty).

regards, Tom

Sponsored Links
yes i agree Jase sounds like the door seals once you have replaced the combustion door seals put washers on the screws that hold the door in place to stop it happening again :cool:

Sponsored Links
Would the combustion door seal perishing also cause water leaking?

my potterton promax he tripped out over the weekend and then on pressing the reset button it fired up and worked again. last night however i noticed that water had now started to leak from the bottom right hand corner of the boiler.

Any advice/help before getting a potterton engineer out that will cost me £179!!!!! :eek:

Thanks,

Danny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back