Potterton promax 15-24HE condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would the combustion box door seal perishing cause water to leak?

my potterton promax tripped out over the weekend and then on pressing the reset button it fired up and worked again ok. But last night i noticed that water had now started to leak from the boiler.

Any advice/help before getting a potterton engineer out that will cost me £179!!!!! :eek:

Thanks, :)

Danny

Sponsored Links
No, that would be a seperate issue.

A simple inspection of the boiler might indicate where the water is leaking from.

Tony

what would be the immplications of the seal perishing? what symptoms would your boiler be likely to experience?

It could be a blockage in the condensate pipe or trap causing the trap to leak from the top.

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler only leak when it's running?

Have you seen where the water originates from?

Is there water around the bottom of the burner? Do not touch the top of the burner!

Damaged comb box door seals will cause the fan stat to trip.

The leak is apparent even when the boiler is switched off, it is coming from the bottom right hand corner. It's difficult for me to describe as i am in Germany working and a tenant at the house has given me the information.

Looks like i'm gonna av to just spend £179 to get it fixed :cry:

I have the same issue with my 5 year old Promax 24HE. A slight water leak from what appears to be the right side of the heat exchanger assembly.

When I had the boiler serviced last week I was told not to worry about it. Trouble is with cold weather approaching I don't want the hastle of having the heating off.

I've contacted Potterton this morning and await a contact.

Did you get your leak fixed, was it expensive?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back