Potterton Promax HE - Temp Control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was looking for some help with a couple of problems with my central heating system.
I have recently moved into a house that has Potterton Promax HE - it was installed in 2003.
The main problem is noise on the system. This happens when the system gets hot - there is a humming noise as though a kettle is boiling. The system is quiet for about 15 minutes but when the radiators get very hot it starts. The thermostat in the house is set to 20c.
Looking at forums it seems turning the boilet temp down may cure this although there is no such control on the boiler itself.
The is no air in the system when i go to bleed the radiators.
Any help would be much appreciated.

The other problem is the boilet leaks slightly when not in use. As in, if it is switched off for a couple of days there will be a very slight drip although I can not se where this is coming from in the boiler,
Again any help would be appreciated - i wasn't sure if this was a common problem with this boiler?

Many thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back