Potterton Puma 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Puma 80e (not sure how old it is as i have just moved into the house)

Recently replaced a radiator (like for like swap - no extra plumbing required) but did also drain down the system to give it a flush through as I doubt it had been done for a while

Now when HW is drawn (from kitchen or bathroom), 2 of the 5 radiators also come on (at the top of the house) - despite CH being switched off completely. Not good in this weather.

Does this sound as though the divertor valve has got stuck? If so, is it worth (power) flushing through again or just going ahead and replacing it?

Any help FULLY appreciated

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve does not shut off the heating circuit. It only opens a bypass route.

As a summertime remedy you could close one of the heating circuit isolating valves although be aware they often leak if moved.

You could either replace the whole diverter valve or if you are heavily into saving money you could remove it and try cleaning it out as its probably just rather bunged up. Perhaps as a result of loosened debris from the system.

A professional would have said dont fix it as it was working OK but of course as an owner you knew best!

Tony

Cheers for that Tony - i will do as advised (or a heating engineer will anyway)

Your point is well taken!

Thanks

Alec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back