Potterton RS60 heatexchanger rebuild

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'scuse me If I get this wrong, It's my first post!

I have a Potterton Kingfisher RS60, fitted in 1986, which to be honest is working perfectly. It has new gas control valve, thermocouple and thermostat, so the only part I worry about is the heat exchanger.

I've managed to obtain a complete, unused, 15 year old, RS60 (great place ebay!!) which is in really good nick, for the exchanger.
Is it worth considering stripping down the heat exchanger and replacing the O rings in case they have perished. If so any ideas where I might get them??
Also, anything else that would be worth replacing?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Leave well alone don't just change the H/E for the sake of it, it's a big lump of cast, not much to go wrong..
You will do more harm than good to things like gaskets and flue seals if you are not careful you will wreck your existing boiler.

yeah, I know what you mean..

I'm just one of those sad people that likes taking things apart and putting them back together again.

I'm not going to pull apart the running one while it's working, it's just I'd like to have a pristine spare H/E in case it goes pop!

I don't mind a few quid on O rings and it'll keep the wife quiet if she knows I can fix the old 'un.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back