Potterton Suprima 30 and Boilermate II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The green light on my Potterton is flashing. It fires up for approx 5 mins and then shuts down for approx 15 mins and so repeats the cycle.
The water in the Boilermate is lukewarm (usually very hot). Radiators are lukewarm. Wall thermostat calling for heat. It has been like this since Friday night.
No noise coming from front panel of Boilermate. Have opened front panel and both circuit boards "look" ok (no scorch marks).
Both pumps on the Boilermate "feel" ok (both vibrating).
Have moved store temperature on Boilermate to Max.
Had the gas valve replaced on Potterton last month.
From the above (and thanks for reading), is there anything I can do before I call out an engineer tomorrow (I have a new delay timer, but the current one is not making any noise).
Also, do I call someone to look at the Potterton boiler or someone to look at the Boilermate (and my experience is that not everyone knows about both).
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Oh ok then it could be the pcb that's faulty there were some early ones which did do this after a while! Basically check the flow temperature with the boiler on max! (as it should be for gledhill!) you should be getting around 75-80 degrees! If its any less than 70 you will need to fit a new pcb! ;)

Oh ok then it could be the pcb that's faulty there were some early ones which did do this after a while! Basically check the flow temperature with the boiler on max! (as it should be for gledhill!) you should be getting around 75-80 degrees! If its any less than 70 you will need to fit a new pcb! ;)
The temp is no where near 75 - its just over tepid.
I was hoping the fault was going to be cheaper than a new PCB board.
Thanks for all your help.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice.
Engineer came today and it is the pump that is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back