Potterton Suprima 30L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Potterton Suprima 30L CH boiler, works fine when switched on, boiler fires up, ignites and heats water. When the required temperature is reached it unfortunately goes wonky.
The red light is on to signify it has reached the the required temp, after a second or two it goes out and attempts to go through the ignite sequence again which it does but for a couple of times then locks out. Once the temp has cooled down and the reset button is pressed it works fine........until it reaches required temp again.
Any information appreciated.

Cheers
D

Sponsored Links
Is the pump wired back to the boiler? as without it you don't have a pump overun and will cause overheat lockout.

Also do you have 2 two port valves without an auto bypass?

And finally when was it last serviced? I tend to find burner pressures creap on these over time, again another overheat issue.

:oops: Just reread your post, you have an L this has a flow switch that interupts the air pressure switch. Circulation issues as previuosly mentioned, if the above are ok you may have a seizing pump.

Cheers beerlover,
The pump is wired to the boiler and if switched off then it continues to run for a while i.e. overun.
It has 2 2-port valves and and a bypass valve but not sure how/if this is set. How can I check?
Serviced 6 months ago just before house purchase.
Any tests or checks I should do to confirm circulation problem?

Regards
D

Look at the FAQ.

I suspect there is no or little flow throught the boiler as a result of an ineffective pump or sludged system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Agile,
The system seems to work perfectly when switched on though, plenty of heat/flow to either CH or HW, the problem just seems to occur when the system is up to temp?

All advice appreciated
D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back