Potterton Suprima 40 not heating properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My 2 year old Suprima 40 boiler isn't heating properly :( , it seems to only heat water to about 60 C even when the thermostat is turned to maximum. The boiler is feeding a vented system comprising 11 radiators plus hot water tank.

Thanks to this board I'm aware that this model of boiler has known issues with the control board PCB and dry joints. I've checked mine and can't see any obvious dry joints so I suspect that the problem is one of the following:

1. Temperature sensor/thermocouple faulty.

2. Dry joints that aren't obviously visible.

3. Other control board fault.

Does this sound like the a faulty temperature sensor or yet another PCB fault? I'd very much appreciate some advice before parting with any money.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Could also be a broken track on a potentiometer on the board. Testable with a resistance meter if you know how. Also you could check the resistance of your temp sensor, but they're only a fiver or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back