potterton suprima 40l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

just has my suprima fail on me, runs through sequence trys to ignite and fails. tried 3x times and then goes to flashing red light.
accordign to other posts this was caused by the gas valve.

so, i get someone round to have a look and he then gets an electricai round to verify the voltage which is at 220v not 300v as per the manual.
anyway so he goes away i thern have to chase him for costs of the part and he still hasnt replied a day later.
i suspect he has made his quick buck from coming out and agreeing with my dignosis and now doesnt want to bother with the job.

so shall i go elsewhere and get someone to fit and buy part or shall i do both.

oh, he also doesnt return calls and cuts people off, maybe its a tradesman thing!?

thanks and sorry for rant. i hope there are some better one out there.

Sponsored Links
I am very disapointed that you have chosen someone who is not only totally incapable of diagnosing faults but then refuses to answer you.

How did you choose him? Why not name him so that others dont get ripped off like that?

There can be several possible causes of no ignition. Seeing if it was sparking would give a clue.

You obviously need a competent engineer and you did not get one. You have the option to ask him in writing for a refund of anything you paid him and then follow it up if he still does not reply.

Tony

I am very disapointed that you have chosen someone who is not only totally incapable of diagnosing faults but then refuses to answer you.

How did you choose him? Why not name him so that others dont get ripped off like that?

There can be several possible causes of no ignition. Seeing if it was sparking would give a clue.

You obviously need a competent engineer and you did not get one. You have the option to ask him in writing for a refund of anything you paid him and then follow it up if he still does not reply.

Tony

i think i wont name him, yet, as ive not yet received the bill. I managed to fix it myself.
however try to get him to arrange a suitable time or contact him reliably to fit the part has proved difficult.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back