Potterton Suprima 40L lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before winter I was having almost daily lock out problems on my suprima boiler. However before I could get someone in they totally stopped.

In the past weeks they have started again, very infrequently. I was planning to get the boiler serviced anyway, so will let someone have a look at it.

I have a few questions about the light sequences when the boiler is running.

During cycling when the boiler is not running the green light flashes continuously (Call for Heat I believe and correct)

However on some occassion It will indicate solid Red and flashing green. Under this condition it is a long period before it will ignite again, so much so that the flow and return pipes are fairly cool. If i remove power to the boiler and wait 30 seconds and re-power it starts to run normal again. What is this indication? What fault condition, if any would this indicate?

I just to be prepared for what it might be?

Sponsored Links
Firstly you need the correct flow through the boiler. Thats best measured by the temperature on flow and return whcih should be about 11 C difference.

If its the older PCB then thats probably failed rather later than most others.

A fixed price BG repair is the cheapest solution but I did one yesterday for someone who was happier for me to do it and did not mind paying about £70 more.

Tony

However on some occassion It will indicate solid Red and flashing green. Under this condition it is a long period before it will ignite again, so much so that the flow and return pipes are fairly cool. If i remove power to the boiler and wait 30 seconds and re-power it starts to run normal again. What is this indication? What fault condition, if any would this indicate?

I just to be prepared for what it might be?

Sounds like a circulation issue.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Agile,

Thanks for the response. Boiler is 8 years old. The board appears to be Version 1.

It is probably worth fixing now as gauranteed it will fail at the start of next winter when it is much more difficult to get someone to do it.

Agile, what areas do you cover? I am sure you mentioned another post I read and it seemed fairly close to where I am. I don't mind paying a bit more to get the job done properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back