Potterton Suprima 50 - strange problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone help?

I have a Potterton Suprima 50 (riddled with probs I see from these pages...:)).. but anyway, I have been running the hot water without any problems all summer - the boiler and pump appear to have been working fine. However, just recently I had to set the timer for the heating to come on as well.

What is weird is that intermittently - but more often than not, the boiler will not fire when just the heating is called for. But, if both heating and water are called, then the whole system works okay. As soon as the water is switched off, but heating is still on, the boiler shuts down and the radiators cool down. The only way to have heating is to run the hot water as well.

Any ideas? This boiler already had a new PCB in January this year.. at great expense.

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the motorised valve spindle possibley stuck on 'hot water ' or 'mid positon'
I would certainly remove the motor and turn the spindle by hand a few time to make sure its free with a little helping of WD 40.
I would also ensure the motor turns to the correct position ie 'hot water or 'central heating' or both( mid positon)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back