Potterton Suprima 50l tripping rcd switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wondered if anybody could help or provide me with a little advice.
I have read all about the lockout problems on this model and have experienced those first hand but now im having another issue.

last week i started to loose power in my house at random times during the morning and evening. this was a result or the rcd circuit switch being tripped. I did all the usual unplug appliances and slowly test. It soon became apparent that the boiler is tripping the switch.

The boiler comes on at the scheduled time, fires up ok and is fine for about 5 mins, it then trips the whole house,it is wired through a fuse spur point but that seems to remain ok and it is just tripping th rcd directly.

Anybody got a clue why or experienced this and know what to do?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Sponsored Links
could be components in the boiler or what i would lay a bet on, the diverter valve leaking when hot and causing a short in the actuator.

Sponsored Links
ok a little bit more information, i have checked all the boiler itself and the pump/cylinder and can't find anywhere that is dripping. I ran the boiler last night as a test and the results were:

Boiler fired up and ran for about 10-15 mins then tripped the rcd, i turned back on and the boiler fired up again but this time tripped within 2 mins!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back