Potterton Suprima - amber light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Suprima 60L - the boiler will not light and all I have is a constant flashing amber light. No hot water or heating no matter what setting I put the programmer on.

A new PCB was fitted about 2 years ago

It is not locking out this time - just flashing amber.

It has been doing this for a bout 2 weeks. When it started it would flash not light and you would come back an hour or so later and it would be lit. Seems to have got slowly worse and now wont light at all. Just flashes.

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Resetting it does nothing

Have thought it may be the PCB again but the new one is only two years old and most people seem to say once they have been changed they have no problems. (but then again anything can go wrong). Was trying to avoid the £160 for a new PCB but may have to bit the bullet

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you get it sorted? If so, what did you do? Please let me know.

Kevin.

Hi

I have a Potterton Suprima 60L - the boiler will not light and all I have is a constant flashing amber light. No hot water or heating no matter what setting I put the programmer on.

A new PCB was fitted about 2 years ago

It is not locking out this time - just flashing amber.

It has been doing this for a bout 2 weeks. When it started it would flash not light and you would come back an hour or so later and it would be lit. Seems to have got slowly worse and now wont light at all. Just flashes.

Any ideas

The new PCBs are far more reliable but they can still fail.

That old thread never got very far but I would have asked if the boiler has been serviced.

There seems to be a feeling that there is no need to service boilers and the only faults can be repaired by replacing parts!

Whilst parts can fail there are also adjustments and servicing aspects which can cause the same problems.

That's why a gas reg engineer can often so a cheaper repair than a DIYer blindly replacing parts!

Tony

Hi,

No it's not been serviced. I had already decided to look into getting that done.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back