Potterton Suprima HE 60 Not Igniting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Suprima HE 60 attempts to ignite a few times then eventually gives up and gives the Ignition Fault error code (Leds ON(red), OFF ON(green)).

Had same problem a couple of months ago. Dusted and hoovered the inside of the conbustion chamber, especially around the ignitors. Then all was fine and has been since. Hence, I put it down to dirt around where the spark is supposed to occur.

Have done the same this time but this time to no avail.

My guess is that one of the ignitors has stopped working.

Looking inside, it looks like there are two ignitors, presumably for igniting both areas of the gas outlets.

A bit of googling also suggests that this could also be related to a dodgy relay on the PCB.

Hang on, have just tried again and it almost fired up. Looking through the inspection place (yes, all covers are on) on a couple of attempts there were signs of some flame.
Maybe, one ignitors is working and the other isn't but safety feature shuts it down when only partly ignited.

Sounds like a fair assumption to me.

Any ideas/suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian. I've got my usual bloke popping round this evening. Was in a bit of a rush to get it fixed as we've got this cold spell coming plus getting someone or can often take time. But he's coming now, so that's good.
I'm not a heating engineer but a chartered engineer in electronics and electrical, so problem solving like this is in my nature.
I agree there are some idiots out there, hence the rules but from an engineers point of view, a lot of this stuff isn't rocket science and just a car is replacing simple parts.
Anyway, as we don't like living in a freezing house, the fact he can pop round today is good news.
I agree but I am bound by the site rules same as anyone else, you may very well be knowledgeable, but this is an open forum and anyone can read what is on here and they might not be so knowledgeable and read something on here and have a go themselves

========================================
WSB : There are things you may not think to check, for safety.

Please see https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-gas.8090/
Thread closed.
Mod
========================================

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back