Potterton Suprima 60 HE Ignition Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am experiencing a problem with my Potterton Suprima 60 HE.

The boiler won’t seem to ‘kick in’ and fire up.

The boiler isn’t in lockout ever ie red light on
The time programme is also working fine.
It looks normal in terms of the electrical side.

I have taken out the pcb and gave it a little clean, also powered it down and restarted it a few times.
It most definitely isn’t overheating.

Seems as though ignition sequence isn’t happening.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
No nothing kicks in at all.

I have the unit open at the moment and it just does nothing!

Any lights on at all and have you done the reset by turning the thermostat knob to off, wait 5 secs and turn back up again?
Is the Mains On light illuminated?

Sponsored Links
How did you check that there is a demand for heat?

Tony

All lights on as per normal, nothing suggesting at all in terms of the electrics that there is a problem.
I have done a re-start, I turn the knob to the off position, the light flashes and then when I turn it back on it goes green as it should do and always has done.
(I also turned the power off completely)
When the program timer comes on (or I press it for an hours heat or hot water) this lights up to say its come on.
But the boiler does not ignite.
There are no noises from anywhere inside the boiler, it remains silent.

When you say a demand for heat – do you mean the room stat?
I am no expert, but this wouldn’t affect the hot water not working would it?

When either hot water or heating ( or both ) are required then the controls create a demand for heat which is sent to the boiler which then ( should ) respond by starting to run.

If your boiler has no demand for heat then its obviously not going to run so the first check is always that there is a demand for heat.

Tony

You need to check for 230 v on the SWL terminal at the boiler.

However as this involves voltage measurements on live equipment it should only be attempted by someone competent to work on mains voltages.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back