potterton suprima 60 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys my potterton suprima 60 he isn't firing but pump is working and I have a green flashing led only on display help needed please cheers

Sponsored Links
Is your pump wired to be supplied from the boiler?

Have you checked for a call for heat at the boiler?

Tony

Tony
cheers for your response my pump is near the cylinder and when i turn the programmer on the wall on the pump kicks in but absolute nothing on the boiler if i disconect the the connectors at the pcb everyone turns a red led on except for the one which is at the back which looks like its wired to the ignition probes hope this makes sense cheers

Sponsored Links
This model of boiler is renowned for PCB failures. The PCB replacement kits are expensive, so my advice is to get a GSR engineer in to test and fix it.

Tony

Well it should be.

You dont tell where the pump is connected to by looking at lights. You need to look at the pump wires.

Or quicker see if anything is connected to the pump terminals at the boiler.

Tony

Nothing in the terminals it is connected into a box upstairs near the cylinder

The pump should be connected to the boiler.

But you need to establish if there is a call for heat signal at the boiler.

Tony

it is not and never as been the boiler is controlled by a unit in the kitchen and the flashing led says its calling but nothing is happening

That seems a rather extreme response when you dont even know if there is a call for heat voltage on the appropriate terminal of the boiler!

Potty do a fixed price repair for about £300. An independent will be cheaper if its not anything serious. About the same if it needs a new PCB.

Most would say a storage tank is better than a combi hot water supply.

Tony

Flashing green light means the boiler thinks is up to temp, it could be something as simple as a slow running pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back