POTTERTON SUPRIMA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my name is Brian i am an electrician and have found the fault which causes the boiler to default into reset mode.........many reports i hear and read indicate that people are spending hundreds of pounds on new circuit boards and in my opinion Potterton now realise the major problem and will not compensate because another manufacturer most proberly assemble the pcb and its their design orror! by the way i moved into a new house which is 1 of 6 on the plot and 4 boilers have the same fault now this is serious..........the answer is simple find a competent electronics or electrical engineer who is good with a soldering iron have him or her remove the board and they will very soon find the faults, (they are not component faults just loose and dry joints) by the way don't attempt this if your not competent it is a very very close up and fine delicate job and don't forget remember how it was wired when replaced good luck!
MOD 2

e mail removed it can be shown in your profile

Sponsored Links
This is bizarre.

Firstly, not all Potterton PCB faults are down to dry joints, so you might have found one typical fault on four boilers, but it isn't the only genre.

Secondly, when you reinstate a PCB, the connectors can't easily be pushed into the wrong sockets, so I don't know what you're doing that leads to confusion about how to reconnect it.

Sponsored Links
I am amused that you are telling us that you have found that these PCBs are unreliable as if its something new.

Progessionals in the heating industry have known that ever since these boilers were introduced.

There is a flaw in your logic though. If the PCBs were designed and manufacturered by a seperate company then Potty would be able to get them to sort out the poor quality. I dont know but the makers seem to be partly owned by Potty, they have now moved to East Europe. Since Potty make a lot of money from failed PCBs there is no incentive for them to reduce the failure rate.

Whilst a DIYer can repair a PCB a professional should not be doing that. If they did then it would then be fraudulent to charge the full price as if it were a new one.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back