PottertonPuma 80 PRESSURE VESSEL full of water can I fix it?

Had a plumber come out today and he got at the pressure vessel then realized that the fittings were different (translated as I ordered the wrong one perhaps...).

He said we can use the CH and see if anything has fixed itself . We've had it on for a while now and the pressure hasn't risen. Am I correct in assuming (I wasn't here to ask personally) that they have probably just emptied the water from the PV and that's why its ok now? Is it likely to just fill up again and then I'm back to a pressure problem?

Sponsored Links
There is no pressure across the diaphragm in an EV under normal conditions.

If there is a slight leak then it may well function quite well for a while before filling up with water.

The important thing is to keep the air pressure topped up ( see FAQ for how ).

You could try repressurising and see how long that lasts for.

If the boiler pressure is 3.5 Bar then the PRB should have opened. It sounds as if that may be stuck ! I once saw one stuck as the pressure rose up to 6 Bar.

Tony

From what Ii gather they are ordering a new part and coming next week, I just wondered if what he said was possible that "it may have fixed itself"?

We had the heating on for about 10 mins which is normally planty of time for the pressure to rise to 3.5. No water comes out the outlet so I realize the PRV is problably stuck/broken.

Sponsored Links
Its dangerous having the PRV stuck !

At the risk of it leaking you could "click" the knob three times.

Nothing on boilers "fixes itself".

Thats probably stupid talk he has in his vocabulary to make customers feel better.

I never would do that ! I always tell them exactly whats what and th elikely implications.

Tony

ok thats what I thought, I will be speaking to the boss later to make sure the new one is on order and they have me booked in for asap....got a 10 week old in the house so hoping there is no cold snap this weekend!

After being out all weekend I came back to a house full of gas, it stank. Called the company and they called their subcontractors back from stoke, I was not happy.

When they arrived they were really sirty, s aid they couldnt find a leak even though I saw him tighten a nut....will be cancelling them. Back ti finding a plumber again!

Better to get a boiler engineer than a plumber!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back