Pound at all time low? Well that was a lot of fuss about nothing...

Sponsored Links
1664954454164.png

Sponsored Links
By that reasoning, the halt in the dropping pound and it starting to climb shows that confidence in Sterling and the UK government is rising. Again, that’s good news, isn’t it?
No. The drop was precipitated by an the actions of an incompetent prime minister and an equally incompetent chancellor. They are both still in post, there is little international confidenxe in either of them, the situation has really only been saved by the actions if the Bank of England. And it would be good news if the pound had managed to climb to something like $1.30 and stayed there for a while (like 3 months or better a year).

So, good news then.

A man fell into the river and was drowning. He was only saved by the actions of a passer by. = Good news. (y)
Good news would be something along the lines of inwards investment in the UK having increased as a result of the brilliant economic management of the government having resulted in a stable pound and the opening up of massive export opportunities with our near neighbours in the EU. I'm sure that those first time buyers who've had their mortgage offers withdrawn as a result oif the actions of Cheech and Chong (Truss and Kamikwazi) will be so grateful to the lunatics who are now in charge

Ah, @ellal you’ve finished for the day. Good. Now, how about answering my question? The same question that you asked me in post #102 that I answered in post #103?
Looks like @ellal is good at asking questions but totally ignores the same question when it is put to him. Why is that? Must be too embarrassing for him.

More good news for you - the Euro is back up to nearly the same value as the dollar!
We actually dropped against the USD, Euro and Yen. ;) Forget the post mentioning that. We are still a bit down against the Euro but very very little. More or less the same with the Yen.

Highest inflation in the G7. Assume that is still true but don't know. Higher power costs than both Germany and France. Talk but no actual active action on securing the countries power. Suppose it's in the future as is more business moving in.

Just watched most of Truss's conference speech. Initial applause higher than any that followed. Usual Tory baited hooks followed by a Truss smile.

One hook interested me. GP appointments. Sorting that out it seems means getting one within 2 weeks. Generally our local GP's do better than that now but they are much longer than they used to be. All down to the deputy PM including ambulances and etc. She is going to sort all sorts.

Crime, safe on the streets, women etc all sorted. First PM to have attended a comprehensive school so she understands all. As a women also had to struggle work wise etc. Another smile. ;) Somehow I think that will become famous. Sort of grin+ The big grin with a laugh is even worse.

Comments about political correctness too - a right rats nest. It seems Tory want to use the terms they did use for different types of people and associated areas.

Mogg seemed to have a strange look on his face - maybe wondering if he had put his eggs in the wrong basket? Slow hand clapping too, probably normal for him?

Truss reckons she is facing an antigrowth coalition in her own party. The term doesn't have much of a ring too it. Better than nothing I suppose,

Oh covid aspects still figure. UK state/economy wise they do. Getting weaker and weaker in world terms and has been for a fairly long time now.

Germany edged higher in recent weeks.
Careful. Their year on year inflation is thought to have hit 10% according to a gov insider.

:( I can't find comparative figures for all for the same date. E Europe is doing worst of all in our part of the world.

Sponsored Links
Back