Pound at all time low? Well that was a lot of fuss about nothing...

Or.....
Man jumped into a river and instead of helping him the bystanders started arguing and comparing data statistics from 6 years ago.
A totally normal thing to do in an emergency in motties world
Or even more simple...

DNAR...

Do Not Attempt Rescue, and let mottie/motman the troll drown! (y)

Sponsored Links
So, good news then.

A man fell into the river and was drowning. He was only saved by the actions of a passer by. = Good news. (y)

I wouldnt want to fall in that river.

Current looks a bit strong for me. Thankfully theres a few bystanders (mortgage lenders) ready to rescue the debris

Just watched most of Truss's conference speech. Initial applause higher than any that followed. Usual Tory baited hooks followed by a Truss smile.
I have to say that was the most awkward/worst speech by any leader at any conference...

It even surpassed sam fox/mick fleetwood at the brits!

But the new catchphrase hurled at others is 'anti growth'...

So where is the 'growth' under the last 12 years of tory incompetence?

And apparently she is pro anything about herself...

Now the troll mottie/motman may again have be quick on it's google finger...

But 'pro' also has connotations of prostitution...

And 'trussed up' has certainly prostituted all of her beliefs in the pursuit of personal power!

Sponsored Links
motman.JPG
Maybe you could help out a bit by defining your idea of short term?

How simple is that?

View attachment 281647Maybe you could help out a bit by defining your idea of short term?

How simple is that?
Sure, I’ll answer your question when you start answering mine. I’ve answered the question you asked me and I asked you the same question three times. It’s not out of order expecting you to answer the same question that you asked me but you’re avoiding answering it. If you want any more answers from me, a bit of reciprocation is required. Until then, don’t waste your time asking me any further questions.

I've been wondering what Sunak's actual corporation tax plans were. I know there was an increase but no idea what the reductions would be if business did what's needed. A new company coming in would benefit while it grew. So would ones we have - before they disappear which they may do anyway.

Truss mentioned collecting more when they were lower. Bit of a problem they never have been lower. They have been cut periodically though their reign but the small business profit levels that result in less tax have also been messed with. It was £300,000 never increased and rates of 20 or 19%. Then under this lot that band disappeared in 2015. Labour gave them a cut to 19% from 30 but also upped their rate a bit later to 20 and 21 while the main rate came down to 28%. There is also an upper threshold for the standard rate, £1.5m that went in 2015. :) I have no idea what this threshold meant.

:) Can't help wondering if the changes are due to the big boys saying the smaller had too much of an advantage

My view is that one way this country will grow is by helping acorns grow into oak trees. Expecting big business to move in isn't simple. Even power costs might put them off. ;) the roads may too. Lower wages may have some effect. I've done work on stuff for the USA partly for that reason but also in some respects knowledge. That work has gone now which is hardly surprising really. They have what they want and will do further work on it themselves despite paying higher wages. My work was a sort of start up for them, their market grows and etc.

There's a new fantasy enemy on the block for all those gullible to fight against, complain about and blame: "anti-growth coalition" .:rolleyes:

Still it's better than the usual fantasy enemies.

Sure, I’ll answer your question when you start answering mine. I’ve answered the question you asked me and I asked you the same question three times.
Humour us...

Which question is that?

If of course you can remember what you asked in the first place...
don’t waste your time asking me any further questions.
PMSL...

You won't even answer what you think is 'short term' in your opinion...

Probably because your memory doesn't even stretch back more than a few hours...

Probably due to that breakfast wine! :LOL:

Humour us...

Which question is that?

The one you’ve been asked three times. I quoted you and tagged you several times. Have a look in your alerts - you must know how to do that by now.

Last edited:
Humour us...

Which question is that?

If of course you can remember what you asked in the first place...

PMSL...

You won't even answer what you think is 'short term' in your opinion...

Probably because your memory doesn't even stretch back more than a few hours...

Probably due to that breakfast wine! :LOL:
anything more than a week, 2 at a stretch by all accounts.

anything prior to that doesn't matter. Hope the rate doesn't go down again, or cost us any more

Just to add to the fun OPEC+ is cutting production.

Humour us...

Which question is that?

The one you’ve been asked three times. I quoted you and tagged you several times too. Have a look in your alerts - you must know how to do that by now.

Having trouble finding it or just avoiding it? Here you go. Blimey, I’ve been waiting/you’ve been avoiding since Monday!

F67D5CDB-9984-4A3E-8833-422C7BC3C030.jpeg

Last edited:
Having trouble finding it or just avoiding it? Here you go. Blimey, I’ve been waiting/you’ve been avoiding since Monday!

View attachment 281786
And still nothing! Strange that. @ellal is definitely come out of hiding as he quoted me and replied to a post I made at 10.30 last night. I’ve tagged him again on this thread in case he's simply 'forgotten' to answer it. :rolleyes: That’s about six times now! I mean, why go through the pretence of asking me to repeat the question again if you’re just not going to answer?

Sponsored Links
Back