Powaflue G20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all .
Just tried to light my fire which is made by Focal Point Fires model G20 and a flame shot along the Control Knob as the fire lit. I turned the fire off immediatley but the control panel and knob are both scorched.I relit the fire and it worked but after about 5 minutes the flame again appeared and once again burned the control knob and panel.Can this fault be repaired and what spares will i need / are they expensive.Thanks in advance for any advice. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
sounds like it could do with a proper sevice and i mean strip down not just a hoover pipe in it as a lot of people do ,, Always use a C O R G I engineer and i bet it will be ok after its done he will also check the working pressure and check the flue as well so then you know it will be safe focal point are a good fire if they are looked after

Sponsored Links
Hi all .
Just tried to light my fire which is made by Focal Point Fires model G20 and a flame shot along the Control Knob as the fire lit. I turned the fire off immediatley but the control panel and knob are both scorched.I relit the fire and it worked but after about 5 minutes the flame again appeared and once again burned the control knob and panel.Can this fault be repaired and what spares will i need / are they expensive.Thanks in advance for any advice. :rolleyes:

Your fire has a gas leak and is IMMEDIATELY DANGEROUS, (ID).
It needs to be left off and a corgi reg needs to have a look at it. For your own safety DO NOT attempt to lite it again until looked at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back