Power consumption of towel rail with Kudox Electronic Controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to work out the power consumption of an electric towel rail and would appreciate some input to see if i've got this right.

The towel rail is a water filled rail on the central heating circuit, only used when the central heating is off.

It is fitted with a 250w heating element and a Kudox Electronic Heating Element Contoller.

The controller is set to it's lowest power setting, which from the datasheet (linked above) is 40%

From what i can understand about the controller, it has no temperature feedback, so if i set it to 40% it will just switch the element on and off so that it's on 40% of the time or power it to 40% of its output on a constant basis.

Therefore, if i want to calculate running cost, is it quite simply 40% of 250w per hour or am i missing something?

I want to compare (a) the cost of running the towel rail as it is at the moment with (b) powering it for 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening. I expect option 2 to be cheaper, unless the Kudox controller works in a way i don't understand.

Sponsored Links
Would this be better off in the electrics forum?

It's not quite clear to me at any rate so try it in both modes, you can select eco mode but only for a 2 hour duration?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back