Towel Rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing a job for a customer who doesnt have wet central heating,
I was wondering is it just a case of using a standard towel rail and fitting an element or are there special rails specifically for running of leccy.
TIA

Sponsored Links
You'll need a special one I think. A standard one full of water with nowhere for the expansion to go would be dangerous wouldn't it?

Hi, you can fit an element to most of the standard ladder types, we sell loads and the instructions just state to leave a 10% gap at the top. To be safe, you can run it to full heat and then bleed it, this way it is a zero pressure on hot and a slight negative pressure when cold.

I don't like the sound of that at all!

Get a purpose made oil filled one.

Sponsored Links
Hi MysteryMan, what don't you like the sound of, it's exacly the same as the oil filled ones but much lower cost because you are filling it yourself. The oil filled ones dont have oil inside, they just have water with glycol oil added which is the same as a central heating protector like Fernox or Sentinel. They have all the approvals and work really well. Screwfix and B&Q sell them and they are extremely safety concious.

Buy a ready made unit designed for its purpose, and you are fairly safe.

Cobble together your own kit, perhaps with an oversized heater, and no safety valve, and you MAY be creating a bomb.

Be careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back