Power Cut/Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Ideal Mexico Slimline Boiler (RS40). It's a bit old now but was recently serviced and given a clean bill of health.

On Monday, we had a power cut whilst the heating system was on. The power was restored a few hours later. The central heating came back on at the same time as the power but then cut out shortly afterwards.

I can get the boiler to fire up and heat the radiators but it cuts out after a short period. I think that when the thermostat temperature is reached, the heating switches off but then when the temperature drops below the setting and the heating should start up again, it doesn't.

I've got it going again this morning and left home with the radiators hot and the thermostat set to 25 degrees. I'll either return to a hot house or a cold one!

The clock has been reset and is working fine. The pilot light is on okay. I've checked the pump and this seems to be working fine too.

It's as though the power cut has 'confused' the system (if that makes any sense at all!). Am i doing the right thing? How do I resolve this problem?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back