Power Flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope I can get some good advise !

Over last few months the water flow has all but stopped from most of the upstairs taps and showers.

This is same for cold and hot water.

We have a outside pump to boost the pressure and our electrician has checked it and says its functioning as it should and cuts in to boost pressure when demanded.

This leaves me wondering if all the copper pipes are scaled up to the extent where is is now preventing flow.

I have read about power flushing but it all seems linked to heating systems and radiators, It it possible to do it on water feeds ?

Or failing that any other ideas / suggestions what could be causing the problem

Sponsored Links
I would read up about powder flushing, it may be of use in this instance.

Sponsored Links
power flushing is for central heating systems primarily. can you give more info on house plumbing system. I suspect it is gravity fed hot and cold to everything except the cold tap on kitchen sink. do you have the following :- cold water storage tank in loft, hot water cylinder ( maybe in airing cupboard ) . how is your domestic hot water heated ?

Presumably you are talking Mains water boosted by an outside pump set ? due to low supply pressure- no hills nearby for the reservoir?;)

pin 5 , any chance of answering that question I asked about what pin 5 does ?

Hey @AGAS as has been said it has way to many uses to list. Being able to control two zones with seperate temps being one. Semi instantaneous hot water being another. And many more. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back