Power Shower above Hot Water Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a three storey house with the boiler on the ground floor, the hot water cylinder on the 1st floor (inside main bathroom) and the cold water tank in the loft, above the second floor. I want to install a shower on the second floor.

The cost and hastle of running a 10mm cable from the second floor to the fuse board on the ground floor, put me off installing an electric shower, so I purchased a Triton Thermostatic power shower (new) off Ebay.

My question is, can a power shower be installed above the hot water cylinder. The reason I have a doubt is that the manual has a big cross against a "high level hot water feed".

Are there any problems in having the power shower one floor above the hot water cylinder ?

Sponsored Links
The reason I have a doubt is that the manual has a big cross against a "high level hot water feed".

All that diagram is showing you is the areas/ways that is not advised to connect the cold/hot supplies.
As for the hot pipe run your talking about it is not advised to run any supply above the cws, being a gravity fed shower all supplies must be below the cws or the pipework/shower will be starved of water.

In your situation it's ok to put the shower on the second floor but any runs of pipework in the loft keep below the cws.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back