Power Shower ADVICE NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present I have an electric shower but want to upgrade to a Power Shower, can anyone tell me how to go about this?
I guess that the pump would go on rubber to make less noise in the loft, I already have a 13amp socket and a cold water feed in the loft so I'll only have to get the hot feed, the easiest way would be to run to the loft inside the airing cupboard.
What I need to know is:
Where should I position the pump? There is no room in the airing cupboard? Should it go nearer where I get the water feeds from or nearer the shower?
Where should I get the hot water feed from? If it is from the airing cupboard the distance from here to the shower is around 15 feet.
From the pump do I just run pipe straight to the Power Shower?
There are 6 people in our house so would our normal sized water tank be big enough?
What HP pump would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
You would have to get a negative head pump (expensive) if you stick it in the attic mate. best bet if you have no room in the airing cupboard is under the bath. You need to run pipes from both cold and hotwater feeds. The coldwater feed has to be from the gravity feed not the mains.
Just noticed, 6 people in the house, if you leave half an hour between showers you`ll be ok :)
And a 3 bar pump would be decent enough for the job.

The pump cant go under the bath unfortunately so will have to go in the airing cupboard BUT above the hot water tank, the cold water tank is about 18 inches above in the loft.
I am thinking of getting the Salamander CT75 pump, it's 2.1 bar, this will be the only shower in the house so hopefully should be man enough.
What else do I need to know?

You need to know how to do it :)
It is not really a diy job, you would be better off getting a plumber in to do it.

Sponsored Links
You really need to do your homework & understand what you’re doing as it's so easy to make expensive mistakes with the system pipe work design. Just to forewarn you, don’t misunderstand what “negative head” means, even a negative head pump must still be mounted BELOW the cws tank or it won’t work!

If you haven’t seen it already this useful little guide will help you understand & may prevent you from making mistakes;

http://www.salamanderpumps.co.uk/Download/instructions.pdf

But most pump manufacturers also have their own guides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back