Power Shower/Water system Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem i'm having at home. We have a power shower and power tapes in the kitchen and bathroom - infact I'm pretty sure the toilet runs off it also.
Some thing is happening that is a weee bit annoying - sometimes when you turn on a tap - be it cold or hot, the water pump doesn't start. So you're left with a trickle of water. I can't find any pattern with the issue and am totally reliant on the powers of nature to start the pump. I assume the pump isn't realising the pressure difference when a tap is turned on and so isn't being triggered - sometimes if I leave a tap open the pump kicks in 2 minutes/ 5 minutes down the line.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
this pump runs on two reed switches hot/cold.
they may be sticking. to check them bypass the reed switch by joining S1 / S2 together this should start the pump if it activates every time the reed switch is getting stuck. can be limescale etc causing this.
also check the filters on the pump.

Sponsored Links
OK mate thanks. So I'll join both wires labelled S1 and both wires labelled S2. Where is the filter usually? Will I need to turn off the water etc??

Thanks a lot for your help.

filters are located in the end of the flexi pipes.
on join the wires for a second to see if pump is cutting in everytime.

ok-wink.gif

Hi, I currently have this shower mate thing appart. I'm trying to locate the filters.

I've unscrewed the flexi pipes off the pump end and can't see anything that resembles a filter there.

Would the filter be at the other end of the flexi pipe i.e at the end that connects to the piping? I can't seem to get that end off. It twists but doesn't unscrew.

Thanks
Terryn.

I had the same problem. Recently, I noticed I didn't hear the clicking sound of the waterpump doing its 'showering action' over the coils. I thought it was temporary until the units beeped that the water (side) container was full! I've never seen so much as a drop in there before. Also, the "P" symbol never shows up either. So, I can still use it, but the efficiency is much less, and I have to keep emptying the side container.

I think I've found the filters. Although they look more like a small piece of rubber with a flap in it to allow water through. Its located on the outward connection where the reed valve is located.

Hi,
I've had some helpful advice from someone here before, I'm hoping to get some more if possible.

1. I can't find any filters, I've unscrewed all four hoses and have only found on the outlet side - a black plastic flap sitting in the pump.

2. I've established that it doesn't appear to be the Reed Valves - water is coming out of the tap and I can hear the switch click. I've also bridged S1/S1 - the two wires for the Reed Switch and hear the click but the motor still doesn't turn on.

Point 2 also points to the motor I think since its happening for both hot and cold at the same time - indicating the motor being the common denominator?

Is there anything I can check to confirm if the motor is starting to fail? Join a few wires up etc :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back