Power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a Triton AS2000X T Power Shower fitted a couple of days ago.
However, I am very disappointed with the flow of water (approx 4 litres a minute on the highest setting). The plumber has been back to re-examine and says the only way it can be improved is by raising the hot water tank or by having a larger hot water tank.

The hot water tank is at the same level as the bathroom and the cold water tank in the loft.

Does what the plumber is saying sound correct?

I had a power shower at my previous property (not a Triton) and had excellent pressure as a result. The size of the hot water tank was not a lot different.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a fitting error !
filters might be clogged from installation !

you can add a pump. That will help alot but cost is high. but yes the plumber is right a bigger tank helps the pressure because the weight of the water up above. your old house may have had a different hot water system and better pressure. You can make the tank higher but how high can you go there. there are building regs with that.

Sponsored Links
you can add a pump. That will help alot but cost is high. but yes the plumber is right a bigger tank helps the pressure because the weight of the water up above. your old house may have had a different hot water system and better pressure. You can make the tank higher but how high can you go there. there are building regs with that.

Er its a power shower it has its own pump, you dont need a "Head" of water it pumps direct from the hot water cylinder.

My moneys on installation error as already said blocked filters it should" " pump" 14 litres !!!!!

Yes it was supposedly a plumber that came with a builder (I have used this builder often in the past to do work and he has always been very reliable). I wasn't in the property when they fitted the shower, neighbours have let them in.

After he had been today to re-examine, he said that if he takes the shower head off, and runs it directly into the bath, it is running at 12 litres a minute (I have not yet tested this). However, when I have it raised to head level with the shower head on it is only approx 4 litres a minute.

He says there is nothing more they can do. He did say earlier he checked the filters and they were fine.

Perhaps my only other option is to pay another plumber to give a second opinion?

Thanks,

sounds like it wasn't commissioned properly.
As Gasbanni has said

First suspect would be check filters.

This shower only requires the head to be 70mm above shower unit
so moving the cws etc higher won't do anything.
Adding a pump is a no go it has an internal pump.

Very rare it'll be a shower issue more like install fault.
The as2000xt is a very good shower.

However, when I have it raised to head level with the shower head on it is only approx 4 litres a minute.

Check the shower hose isn't damaged internal.
Theirs nothing else can change flow rate as the pump is pumping

He says there is nothing more they can do. He did say earlier he checked the filters and they were fine.

Perhaps my only other option is to pay another plumber to give a second opinion?

Now the showers fitted it falls under tritons warranty.
Tell your so called plumber triton will come under warranty if it's found to be a install fault you'll send him the bill. :rolleyes:

I live on the outskirts of Banbury.

Thanks for the advice, I will call Triton and ask them to look at it under the warranty. As suggested, I will then charge the plumber for any cost if it is an installation problem (luckily I haven't handed over the money yet so can perhaps withhold the money until after Triton have been).

Thanks again.

Good luck with it. Final question - if you get a chance, ask your plumber ask him if he's known as IronNaz on this website since there's someone we're aware of who works in the West Midlands by that name who, well, isn't quite as good as he makes himself out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back