Power supply for PC needs replacing need advisor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a PC thats got a blown power supply. Ive had a look and tried to repair it, but its smoked so I need a new one.

Model is FSP250-60 GTV (PF)

Its made by FSP in Taiwan and used mainly in the home user market. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or if theres a compatible PSU I can use instead?

thanks for your ehlp.

Sponsored Links
You don't mention what type of PC you have, so it's difficult to be sure. These PSUs come in variety of sizes (physical) so a lot depends on the type of case you have.

If it's a standard ATX type supply, then you can replace it with one of similar shape. I would put a use a 350W or greater supply though, especially if you have upgraded the machine in any way.

FSP have a website, so you could email them or look through their catalogue for a similar model.

Don't even bother trying to repair a popped PSU.

Thanks for your response. Ive looked at FSP website but they dont list the exact model which I assume is 250watts.

I,ll try and call them.

PC is Evesham LG.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just googled and its a standard ATX (20 pin) PSU so pop down to your local pc shop and ask for one - chances are they wont have less than 350W in stock anyways. Just check the number of molex conenctors it has, some of the cheapo's only have 4 and this may or may not be enough for your needs.

Back