Powerflush CH system

But is that showing the pressure inside the cylinder? Or in the boiler?

Is the expansion vessel red or white?

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering, because the boiler doesn't have a pressure gauge.

Thanks, JohnD & Ianmcd, for info. I don't have a feeder tank in the loft, (to CH boiler), so conclude that my system is sealed system, linked to MegaFlow & fed from expansion tank above MegaFlow. I will know more about how much corrosion I have when I tackle cleaning the MagnaClean - which won't be today, as I need time to dismantle the fancy bits above the cupboard & get ready (mentally) for the job.
Will be back on here if things go pear-shaped ! Again, tx for all input from every-one since my first post this morning, you've saved me wasting a lot of £p today, not to mention the tea-bags !
Bw, Zena

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering, because the boiler doesn't have a pressure gauge.
because it is a heat only boiler not a system boiler and can be installed open vent or sealed system, it is installed on a sealed system with external expansion vessel and filling loop with pressure gauge comes as a kit with pressure releif valve , very common set up

sorry, your last few messages have only just come in to my system, i.e. pre- my last post. Expansion vessel is red. .... and now I've started wondering if I jumped to the wrong conclusion in my last post, though (as a non-scientist/non-engineer), I'm inclined to go with Ian's question: "why would it be showing the pressure from inside the cylinder ?" Zena

from what you say it is doubtfull if you need or will get any benefit from a chemical or powerflush (they are not the same as has already been said) I really do not like to disagree with someone who has actually seen the job and maybe they could tell you better why they think you need either done, clean your magnaclean and fill it with a cleanser like Sentinell X400 or similar and clean the filter every 5 days or so then add inhibitor and you should be fine, do not use X800 it is too aggressive .

Thanks Ian. That's great information to have. (Unless I hear to the contrary, I'll take it you meant "clean filter AFTER 5 days or so" ??). Very, very appreciative of you going to so much trouble to inform me on top of what is prob. a busy day for you. Tx so much, Zena

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back