Powerflush or not

As I understand it now Vaillant are recommending or will be that there commercial boilers are fitted on plate exc now! They are apparently developing a range of plates apparently , all manus will be or are useing the carp in the system excuse to weasle(maybe ?) there way out of any warranty claim , in particular the 5 year + warrantys (maybe ?)

Sponsored Links
Do not fit a Spirax Mganaboost - they are rubbish

King of Powerflushing? Ha Ha, what an accolade. It is Spirotech - and they have been making dirt separation equipment longer than most of us have been alive.

They only fit a magnet in their UK products, and that is because the gullible in the UK have been hoodwinked by Adey Magnaclean. No one believes in magnets like the UK public.

Sounds like the King has no clothes to me.

Do not fit a Spirax Mganaboost - they are rubbish
It is Spirotech - and they have been making dirt separation equipment longer than most of us have been alive.

They only fit a magnet in their UK products, and that is because the gullible in the UK have been hoodwinked by Adey Magnaclean. No one believes in magnets like the UK public.
Hmm, must go and get some popcorn. I do love watching these "debates".

You might well ask, if some of the professionals can't agree on simple things like this, then is it any wonder the general public are confused and easy prey to those with the gift of the patter ?

I should stick to your thermal store posts. I don't suppose you could list your qualifications in that regard? :)

I don't know who the people are that you are claiming to be duped by patter.

Most of the pros here are very helpful. What they don't like are people claiming to be what they are not.

I'll have a choc ice.

Sponsored Links
I should stick to your thermal store posts. I don't suppose you could list your qualifications in that regard? :)
You mean apart from an engineering degree, and capacity for logical analysis ? Other than that, I don't believe I have ever claimed or attempted to imply any specific qualifications. Sadly qualifications (including being an RGI based on some of the responses here) do not equal ability or capacity for thought.
I don't know who the people are that you are claiming to be duped by patter.

Most of the pros here are very helpful. What they don't like are people claiming to be what they are not.
I have not at any point claimed to be anything I'm not.

As for people being duped, you just have to read some of the threads in here - there are plenty involving people being had. And without even having to think hard, there's this other current thread where a fairly heavy element is "get rid of that plumber". Clearly some of the pros (and non-pros like me) consider him not competent to be advising the customer - yet he's doing just that.

And just don't get me started on the "Combi for everyone" brigade.

And in any case, it's just a tad off topic for the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back