Powerflush to sort out poor flow rate. now boiler locks out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all...

I've got my self a season pass at a customers house atm..

started off with a nice easy job of fitting a couple of rads..

fitted the rads got everything nice and hot.. gets a call few days later some of the rads of cold... i beat the life out of them and they start to get hot again... so i suggest a power-flush..

completed power-flush all working lovely..

did the job Monday and I've got a call today... "can you come have a look at one of the rads, it is stone cold" and 2 days in a row they have got up in the morning to find out that the boiler has gone to lock out... the boiler is a Baxi Bermuda BS3 Back Boiler i can't see how the powerflush could have affected the boiler. couple of reasons i can think of the reason for lockout is a blockage and the boiler is shutting off to protect it's self... but wait power-flushed system. so can't be that... maybe a problem with the ignition?? I'm going back Monday with an axe

any and all advice welcome on this one as it's driving me crazy..

cheers

Chris

P.s

1. the system is open vented with fully pumped primaries
2. only 1 of the new rads is not getting warm.. but here is the thing.. last time i was there after balancing the system they all worked fine.. but when it's left for a few hours and turned back on, there is a flow problem again and another rad goes cold ?
3. there is a system by-pass in the form on a rad with lockshields.. I've told the customer that it's no longer an approved method and advised them about installing a by-pass in the system.

Sponsored Links
Check the configuration of the vent and cold fill pipes in relation to the pump.

Possibility of pump sucking air in down the vent and air locking the rads :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back