Powermax 140 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me where the low water level float switch is situated on the Powermax 140 boiler . I have just topped the system up as the pressure had fallen to 0.5 bar on the gauge and the C/H side would not turn on but the hot water would (Ive topped it back up to 1bar as the book says) . A friend off mine told me how to top the water back up but he says that as the C/H still will not turn on it could be that the low water level switch has stuck

Also what should the pressure be at the schrader valve on top of the expansion vessel at the side of the boiler unit (the round metal 'drum') that the top up pipe runs into.

Ta.............

Sponsored Links
can anyone tell me where the low water level float switch is situated on the Powermax 140 boiler

It's under the AAV opposite the PRV.

Extract from installation instructions.............
Sealed system models only – release system pressure via relief valve and check expansion vessel pre-charge pressure is between 0.6 to 0.7 bar. Adjust if required and top up system to same pressure. Remove air from boiler via automatic air vent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back