powermax 155x hot water but no heating

Well I dont, do you?

It seemed at the time that no one was saying anything about it because it was expected to be going to involve a prosecution. BG seemed to be muttering that it was a contractor rather than direct staff.

I have never seen a full and correct account of the technical details of what happened, who was involved and what the prosecution outcome was!

Tony

Pick me, i know both guys involved as i used to work on the same patch.
They were both direct labour and had been doing the job for a good 20years each.
No prosecution was brought as the CPS couldnt prove who did what and provide evidence to prove anything. Both were suspended during investigations for 3 years. 1 guy has left the trade completely and the other i believe is still working after retraining.

I have strong views on this but they arent for a public forum as i dont know who might be reading

Sponsored Links
Both engineers and the MD of ****ish gas should all be banged up for manslaughter imo. Absolutely disgusting the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
Thats interesting!

I dont have any strong views but accept that an organisation with about 5000 gas engineers will from time to time have some things which go wrong. Because of the nature of our work, once in a while a fatality is likely to occur.

From what I can see from the sidelines much of the problem seemed to result from a serious lack of training on a specific product.

I know some BG guys dont usually agree with me, although they dont offer any alternative, but I would expect a number of engineers could be trained on those appliances which are not encountered often and have specific training requirements.

My email is on my profile for anyone who wants to tell me privately what they think.

Tony

Every BG engineer should by now have had specific training on powermax's as far as i know. Every engineer on this patch has a set of baffles and gaskets. Whether they chose to do the job properly is upto them but they leave themselves open if they get caught out.

Every BG engineer should by now have had specific training on powermax's as far as i know. Every engineer on this patch has a set of baffles and gaskets. Whether they chose to do the job properly is upto them but they leave themselves open if they get caught out.

what? every eng on your patch has a set of turbulators in their van? your TSM must have been ****ting himself after the "incident".

what? every eng on your patch has a set of turbulators in their van? your TSM must have been ******** himself after the "incident".

This was a recent thing, ive moved patches since the "incident". Im running around with baffles for the 155 and the longer 185s. Also have these to drag baffles out.
http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=12891

christ, lucky you.

not only wouldnt we get the baffles in VS, we wouldnt get the extractors either. we have to coax them out with nice language and wishful thinking.

I bought those pliers myself. Got fed up with the ****e tools BG provide to do the job and having to chase round the patch trying to find who has them.

I have some 300 mm forceps which would probably do the job !

Tony

Because the time taken on these is not justified by our charges, whilst I will repair a water or electrical problem, I always advise clients to call Potterton for servicing.

Tony

Since any BG engineer is free to register there will be quite a few.

What info is passed to the higher management is another matter.

I dont really think they will see it as very relevant to their business.

Many boiler manufacturers watch it but I am very surprised that Vaillant do not use the feedback to make them aware of the very serious shortcomings in their technical support.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back