Powermax 155x lockout problem again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals.

I have seen on here numerous threads about the Powermax 155x lockout problem, and for years i have had the same problem.

The boiler every morning without fail will be on lockout there will be a litlle hot water and after we run that off we are able to reignite the boiler. In the winter if we try to use the CH it will go into lockout after about 40 mins.

We did have an engineer come and service the boiler which it then worked perfectly for get this A WHOLE DAY AND NIGHT. and then back to normal the same engineer was going to come back to change the PC board but going from a lot of the posts on here that doesnt seem to be the correct diagnosis. He never cam back anyway.

Has there now been a defintie solution to this problem that anyone can point me to? because i am really starting to lose the plot with this one.

It seems that this guys problem was solved
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129573

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The common thread to all these Powermax problems is that the final fix is almost always applied by the manufacturer's engineeer!

They are not only little understood but difficult to work on which is compounded by householders who cram them into a small room. They need about 6' in front of them so the engineer can lie down in front!

They also need a supply of less common parts which are specific to each model. That equals the manufacturer's engineer!

Tony

Right but the manufacturer is now out of business though correct? so who would you suggest i contact to get my issue resolved?

Powermax was bought by Range, who were bought by Potterton, who were bought by Baxi.

I think thats right!

So unless it changed again you contact Baxi ! ( Or Potterton as they still operate under their own name ). You could try 01926 425425 as a start.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back