Powermax 155x - newbie question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all :)

We've got a Powermax 155x, about 3 years old. Last weekend the power tripped out (we think it was the toaster...have left it off and been fine since) but since then we've had problems with the Powermax. We can get hot water by putting it onto continuos hot water, but putting the switch onto "timed", and then the buttons onto 24 hour doesn't bring the heating on - although both the two red lights come on, they're not as bright as they used to be.

Does anyone have any ideas? The previous owners didn't leave us the manual, and it's getting a bit nippy in here!

Sponsored Links
weareleeds said:
try downloading manual from range powermax website (baxi) but timer may be faulty

Hi + thanks :) I did try, but couldn't see this particular model there. If anyone has a link, would be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Post email and exact model number and I might be able to help...
Thanks Dan :) The only thing I can see on it is the Powermax/Range 155x, and there's what I assume is the serial number on a sticker, stuck on the bottom bit of the boiler.

Last edited:
I agree, if red lights are only dim then something has blown.

Perhaps I have blown something as I am quite dim as well :LOL:

Dan - thanks for that, much appreciated.

Re. the fuse, I can see a wire going from the unit to the wall, which has a fuse in it (one screw holding the cover in, "fuse" written on the plastic). Is it just a case of swapping the fuse in there for a new three amp fuse to see if it's just something simple? Is there any particular type of three amp fuse I should use? (please don't laugh :LOL: ).

Gas4you - cheers also :)

No. The point Dan was trying to make was that if the fuse was greater than 3 amp then it wouldn't have given the boiler electronics fast enough protection when your toaster spiked the mains.

A normal 3 amp fuse will do, but just replacing this won't cure your fault!

Is there a reset button that can be operated, probably with a pen nib or pin, before you replace the programmer?

Although the timer has probably been damaged by a surge voltage, check to see if there is a little hard reset button to be pressed with a pen point.

Tony

With this programmer you can reset,it,s worth a try.

From the left press both the second and fourth buttons simultaneously.

Thanks again for the posts guys. Just tried the suggested reset, and the unit did reset but the lights are still only faint.

Will check the fuse later in the week to see if it's a 3 amp or not.

Any ideas what my next step should be? If it's to call in an expert, can anyone reccommend someone in/near to Swindon.

Ignoring the brightness of the lights, I assume that the boiler is still not working either?

I dont know anyone in Swindon to recommend fior fixing boilers.

Tony

Tony - the boiler itself is working ok for the hot water (when placed on "continuous hot water") but not for either hot water or central heating when put onto "timed". Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back